Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 28-33 Hot Springs to Erwin

My foot was healing quickly enough and I as getting bored doing nothing.  Laughing Heart Hostel in Hot Springs was awesome!  Great town to get healthy.  With my foot almost 100%, I hiked out of Hot Springs.  Hard hike back up a mountain after the time off.  Everything was going really well until about the third day into the woods.  I got the flu somewhere.  Since Hiawassee, GA there have been rumors about the dreaded noro virus all along trail.  I've meet about six or seven people now that have had it.  I didn't get sick until about twelve miles into my day.  I was about 37 miles, hiking, from Erwin and was in no mood to writhe in pain in the middle of nowhere.  So I hiked back a mile and a half to a country road and eventually got a hitch into Erwin.  The road was only a fifteen mile ride into Erwin.  So instead of feeling shitty in the woods in was feeling shitty in a motel.  I later found out that a couple others I hiked on and off with were sick after going through the same section of the trail.  After a day of misery and a lot of Sprite, I felt well enough to go to Trail Days in Damascus, Va.

Fellow Hollander.  Meet L Dog

2 comments:

  1. Dude. All I gotta say is that panoramic app is doin work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So was it a flu or the Noro? Is that something that is carried by mosquitos or something?

    ReplyDelete