Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 23 Tri-Corner Knob shelter to Standing Bear Farm

Woke to my left foot really swollen.  Not painful just goofy looking and feeling.  Only thing to do was hike out of the smokies.  Which was beautiful!!  Walking on a ridge when on the left, I was above a cloud blanketing the mountains and valley and on the right a completely clear shot of mountains on top of mountains.  Pictures do them no justice.  Biggest day so far and easiest. 18.4 miles mostly gentle downhills!  Hospital said my foot was infected most likely by a spider bite.  I was told to not walk for a three to five days to let the antibiotics get some work done.  So be it.  My feet are kind of important to me being a hiker and all!  So I killed some time at Standing Bear Hostel.  It used to be a tobacco farm but for about 15 years its been a hiker hostel.       The had a cool cat named Peaches that hung out with me for a bit.  And some toothless llamas.  Nice little place to find coming out of the smokies.












1 comment:

  1. Dude that hostel looks as though it was an ideal find! I just picture you.. tending to your wounds in that little garden out front... Oh.. Uh.. what I meant to say was guns, F-150s and boobs! Giant boobs!

    Cheers duder

    ReplyDelete