Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 16 Brown Fork Gap to Fontana Dam "Hilton" Shelter

Ran into a few trail buddies at Brown Fork. Even flow(he's from Seattle) carries that gnome with him. It's a camp watch dog or something. Everyone looks forward to the Fontana Hilton. It has running water and hot showers!!! I did my laundry in the shower with me. The recent rainy days kinda put everyone on the same pace. The shelter sleeps 20 and was full. The average shelter sleeps 10-12. There was a small tent city there that night. I lost track of Pop tart and Salamander. They went into town to get an X-ray of her foot. They'll catch up. The Fontana "Village" is a resort of sorts. I thought it creep as hell for some reason. There was a Mini Cooper convention going on. Some 500+ cars were supposed to be coming in the day after I left. These mountains are strange too. One side will be covered in dying, moldy trees and the flip side will be a gorgeous neon green.



















No comments:

Post a Comment