Friday, August 30, 2013

Hanover, NH to Lincoln, NH

         Lovely trails up here
There's a 150 ft drop one step behind me.  Living life on the edge!
That was the only house on the hill.  Lucky bastards.
They build this privy with a sense of humor ehh?
Free ice cream and croque?!  Sounds like a good time to me!
Trail angel Bill Ackerly.  Super sweet man!  I think he was a psychology prof at Yale at one point.  That might be a trail rumor though.
His croque pitch.  There are more rules to the game than I remember!  Six of us hikers had some great laughs here.
I didn't win but the consolation prize was some bourbon!  
A mountain I didn't climb
There seems to be more and more of these steps everywhere.
On a firepower.
Hikers having some lunch down there.
I thought these where the whites but they weren't.  Just the warm up.
Sketer even has a raincoat...and hates it.
I swear theis dog has an on/off switch.
Getting ready for the Mousilauke!
Tiny Tim from Jersey 
Bootstrap from Jersey
The Laundry room
The common room
Going up Mt. Moosilauke
I'm so glad to be up here finally!! It's gorgeous.
That's me!  Spider the more human than human hiker!
Almost above the tree line!
.8 from the top!
Finally a mountain with a view!  Bald mountains are few and far between.
4802ft and windy as hell!  This is a small one in the whites!!
Several smoke monster clouds passes over.
Oh yeah!!!
A view of the Presidentials from a shelter.
Yeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
I put a lot of faith in these wood blocks!
A LOT!
That's wasn't too bad!
Chet's place in Lincoln.  Free hostel.
His converted garage.
    The back yard.  

No comments:

Post a Comment