Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Greymoore, NY to Great Barington, MA

Taking a break by Nuclear Lake.
Dover Oak.  Largest oak on the AT.  I thought Kiefer oak in VA looked bigger.  But I couldn't measure them.  Tape measures weigh too much!
I love walking through this stuff!
 Looking back to what I just went over.
Surrounded by green!
"Down by the board walk"
         For the NOBOs
     For the SOBOs
    This line goes straight onto Grand Central Station in NYC.
Dodging some rain in the pavilion outside of Pawling, NY.
Going over that hill today.
Another huge bridge for a trickle of a stream.
Good bye NY!  Ill never forget you.
CT started out strong.  It so pretty out here!
This river was so loud it blew off my shades!
    I wanted more of this section! 
Kent, CT city hall.  They let me hang out here for a bit while it rained cats and dogs for 24 hours.
Getting clean and dry!  I was yelled at here because I wasn't wearing a shirt.  "Ya gotta wear clothes here!  It's not a bath house!" The lady has a rep for hating hikers.
Free camping behind a clothing store downtown kent.  I was told Kent didn't like hikers.  Lots of money here.  But I was treated really well.  I didn't want to leave.
Leaving kent and heading up that hill.
Where I come from this is a river not a Brooke!  It was great fun negotiating this river.  Made it to the other side dry and happy!
It doesn't look bad but was moving pretty fast and was deep and rocky!
    "Is Maine this way by chance?"
Waterfalls and creeks are all over this place.
Me trying to be artsy fartsy.
Not as narrow as the lemon Squeezer but a tight squeeze nonetheless!
Night hiking to the next shelter.
I love hiking on pine needles!!  
Didn't go up this one.  The trail went around it.  Blew my mind!!!
Awesome dam above a huge waterfall.
At the top of the falls.
12 more miles to go!  We walked that ridge line in the back there!  Great day!
Maryland on the left.  Connecticut on the right.
I walked how many miles?!  1500!!!
Bear mt. in the morning.  It was about 2300 feet above the sea.  I did 24 miles the day before to get to the top here.  We watched a meteor shower with commentary by a German dude that works in a planetarium.  Awesome!!!
Trail followed this river for a long while.  Beautiful morning.
Hellos Massachusetts!  Good bye Connecticut.
Time for second breakfast.
Mt. Everett behind me.  Tough climb but rewarding.  Also good training for the Whites.
Pretty little field of dreams.
      History.















































No comments:

Post a Comment