Thursday, June 13, 2013

52-60 Damascus to Pearsburg

        Finally back on the trail!!!
      Looking good even crossing bridges
      Watch your step out here.  These little guys don't move quickly.
  The Lorax on the wall of a privy. 


This tree had some narly thorns!!
   Where I hiked from.  It was a beautiful break in the clouds!


    On the way up Mt. Rodgers.  
Lots of cows lately.
                 Overgrown veal.
Big ole pile of cow shit!
      Wild pony!!!! Wild pony!!!!
  Baby wild pony!!! Baby wild pony!!!
  Shelter after Mt. Rodgers summit.  I didn't go up there it was .5 mile up there without a view.  
       Ferns.
   Rhododendron blossom and a blaze. 
  If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to have a fire, I would've enjoyed the hell out of one here.
        Moooooooooooooooooooo.  These heffers didn't want to move for me.  I walked around.
 Trail magic!!!!
   Breakfast.
More trail magic!!!
   A little pond side stroll. 
Best shelter so far!!!  The Fontana Hilton was a dump compared to this place!  Partnership shelter, remember that one.
       So many boots!!!!!
    Boardwalk over a swamp.
   Go team tent!  Passed the 25% mile marker today!!
    Shelter with four walls.  Very rare.  Only the second one I've seen.
     Lunch time with fellow hiker trash.
    Hoodoo voodoo
        Everyone loving trail magic!!!  Cold sprite is probably the greatest drink.  Ever.
  Going to Bland, VA.  Name of the town said it all.  I did crush two footlong subs at subway there with ease.  I wanted one to go too but resisted.
    The amazing AT in all its splendor!
   Super sweet bridge!   
    Ishmial crossing a river.
  After crossing the river.
    Ahahahhah!! Yoga at Woods Hole Hostel.  I was in the hammock feeling too good to move.
  Lazy farm dog.
     Let there be rock!
      
   Guinea hens in front of the privy. 
  Cool cool cats.
   Me with a kid!!  
     Rattle snake across the trail!

   He got pissed off when I tried to move him. 
  Bubbly for one in the shittiest motel so far.
   This chic was meditating just before getting arrested.
   Resupply.

2 comments:

  1. John!

    Awesome pics man. I'm going to save your Mom the trouble of yelling at you. What are you doing hanging off that cliff!!!

    You could poke an eye out like that.

    Keep it up dude, your an inspiration as my butt gets sore from sitting in my cubicle all day lol

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always like to clear my mind before I'm put in the back of a police car too.

    When you coming to good old VT? Vermont is the place to be. You'll love it.

    ReplyDelete