Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 1 Approach Trail

Sunday April 14 2013. That is the date I will be on the approach trail. Not the Appalachian trail. The approach trail that brings you to the AT southern terminus, Springer Mountain. Its an 8.8 mile warm up to the 2185.9 mile AT. That 8.8 is not included in the 2185.9. Why? Hell if I know. But the diehard say its not a thru hike without doing it. I don't know why but I'm doing the approach trail. I guess to gauge how truly out of shape I am. It is going to be a good time!!! I can hear me wheezing already.

4 comments:

  1. GO JOHN!!

    Thats awesome man. Good luck, wish I was going with you brother! Godspeed!!

    CaseyB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! How time does fly! I was hoping to say good bye and wish you the best in person. Two seconds too late for everything, I tell ya :( Anyway, I'm really excitied for you! Such a great adventure! I hope you have an amazing time! I'm looking forward to those pics and videos you will be posting! Don't let me down, hehe. Oh! and by the way, if those squat thrusting gloves of yours become worn thin, I think I might just know where to find more to send your way ;)

    -Ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home safe and sound last night. Charlie wasn't content for just one of us to walk n the house, he had to wait and make sure both of us were home. He's slept like a lump all day. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. John,
    Good luck. After a few days you will probably be feeling stronger. Mom showed me how to access your blog. It looks good.I will think about you when I do my measley three miles.

    Keep in touch when you can.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete